Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Invisible Horses

I lost a horse yesterday. Yes, a horse. I realize horses are large and therefore seem as if they should be rather hard to lose. To make matters worse, this particular horse was lost in a fenced-in field. Theoretically, said horse could have been hiding behind a barn, also in the field. However, I choose to believe this horse was not hiding, but was instead rendered invisible for the time I spent pacing the field looking for it (trailed by another, visible horse, who was trying to nibble on my hair). In the end, after concluding the horse was gone, putting away the saddle, bridle, brushes, etc., and starting to drive away, whatever force had chosen to hide the horse from me (“tee hee hee,” I'm sure it said) decided to reveal it again. I ended up going to back and riding, grateful all the while that the people I regularly borrow the horse from weren't home to watch me look oh-so-very silly.