Friday, August 04, 2006

Mexico... Maybe

I’m visiting LA and was planning to stay in Mexico this weekend. However, I seem to have left all proofs of citizenship (my passport, birth certificate, etc.) at home in Ohio. Apparently, my driver’s license, social security card, mono-lingualism, and pale, extremely sunburn prone skin don't cut it as “proof” (the second to last should certainly prove that I must be a US citizen... the last just proves that, had I been born in Mexico, I would have died of severe sun poisoning long, long ago).

I will likely still go to Mexico, if the border-guard-type people think there is a good chance of my being let back in. If I disappear, I was detained at the border. ;)

One of my atheist email correspondents and I once determined there must be a god of road trips, as there seems to be a god of pretty much everything else. This seems like an ideal time to ask others to make offerings to him/her/it... so, if you wouldn’t mind, burn gasoline, tires, or even entire cars (OSU fans and French rioters take note- you don’t have to wait for the next football game or country-wide riot!) to appease this deity enough that I’ll be allowed back into the US.


(A quick note: really, please don't actually burn anything other than mixed cds for your signficant other and possibly the love letters of your former significant other. Burning the car of your former significant other is not advised, albeit quite tempting at times.)