Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Further De-Closeting

As a follow-up to the newspaper article of a few weeks ago, I’m going to be part of a panel for presentations on Thursday and Friday of this week. Cassandra, of the newspaper article and the official "atheist-mama”, will participate as will four other members of my local humanist group.

Readers from central Ohio should certainly come to listen and cheer. Or interrogate us mercilessly. Or, if you are so inclined, I suppose you could come just to throw fruit at me… however, I’d request the fruit be relatively fresh and preferably of the berry variety. Blackberries, maybe? Other berries would be acceptable as well. Please hold the fruit until after the presentation itself, as I wouldn’t want any innocent panelists to be attacked by berries clearly meant for me.

Details (about the presentations, not the fruit) are available at the web sites of Students for Freethought (for Thursday) and the Humanist Community of Central Ohio (for Friday).